Job Opening for
Peoria, Arizona 85283
The Property Accountant will be responsible for monthly and quarterly reporting for a commercial real estate portfolio (located in Arizona), ensuring the accuracy of financial data. This position will also work closely with the portfolio’s property management team and the A/R and A/P specialists.
- Review and compile monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages timely and accurately in accordance with internal controls and client requirements. This includes making appropriate journal entries for recording in the general ledger by checking calculations, reviewing basis for figures, and balancing and reconciling figures.
- Reviews budget, revenue, expense, invoices, and other accounting documents and researches and resolves discrepancies as necessary.
- Calculates owner distributions and prepares wire and transfer request for submission to the Controller for processing.
- Communicates with third-party property owners and their staff by explaining journal entries and financial transactions, providing research data and information as requested, and answering questions necessary to service the client in a timely manner.
- Communicates with on-site and other property managers to assist in completing pre-close and close activities, answer questions, provide support, and ensure timely completion of accounting processes for on-time client and Company reporting.
- Annual review of forecasting & budgeting for properties completed by property manager.
Annual compilation of year end packages of property financials and details to facilitate tax return preparation.
Assist with onboarding of new commercial property clients.
- Experience with CAM billing and reconciliations.
- Completes various financial, accounting, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary
- 4+ years of commercial property accounting experience (required)
- Accrual accounting experience (required)
- Ability to pass a background check and drug test (required)
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (preferred)
- Yardi, Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate (Timberline), and QuickBooks desktop software experience (preferred)
- Medical/dental/vision plan options
- Short- and long-term disability plans (paid for by Plaza)
- Employee life insurance policy (paid for by Plaza)
- Flexible Spending Account, Health Reimbursement
- Accrued paid-time-off (PTO)
- 401(k) with company match
- Federal holiday schedule observed plus 2 floating holidays
ABOUT PLAZA COMPANIES
Founded in 1982, Plaza Companies is a full-service real estate firm specializing in leasing, management, construction, and development of some of the most innovative commercial real estate projects in Arizona. Plaza Companies has a proud track record as a competitive, connected, and conscientious real estate firm with partnerships throughout the industries it serves. Plaza Companies prides itself on providing an extraordinary level of service to our partners, tenants, and clients. For almost four decades, Plaza Companies has focused on creating meaningful relations in the commercial real estate industry that help position our partners for success.
Send your resume to email@example.com
Arrowhead Executive Center
A 100,000-square-foot commercial and medical office complex has received a jolt of energy that is helping to bring new business to Glendale and grow the economy.
Estrella Medical Plaza II
Plaza Companies has completed second of two exceptional medical office buildings located on the dynamic Banner Estrella Medical Center campus in west Phoenix.
Paradise Valley Medical Office Building
Paradise Valley Medical Office Building is a premier, award-winning medical office building located on the Abrazo Paradise Valley campus in north Phoenix. The building has won a number of awards for its design and green building features.