Plaza Companies has prepared the below information to advise our tenants and partners what steps we have put in place to address the current COVID-19 situation with our staff, our tenants and our buildings.
Your safety, health and well-being are of the utmost importance to us. We understand that there are many concerns around COVID-19; therefore, we wanted to provide you with some guidelines/resources to assist you in understanding this matter. We are committed to doing our part to help keep you healthy and will continue to communicate any changes in service to you as quickly as possible.
In addition to our existing cleaning, disinfecting, and maintenance policies, we are also taking the following measures:
Cleaning and education
- Daily frequency and increased cleaning of hard surfaces in common areas and tenant spaces – countertops, doorknobs, door frames, chair arms and other “touch” surfaces.
- Use of higher-grade disinfectants in daily cleaning of suites and common areas.
- All staff are instructed to stay home if they are feeling sick.
- Our corporate office will be closed to visitors from March 17th through March 27th, and our staff will be working remotely to serve you. As the situation develops, this closure may be extended. If you typically drop off rent at the management office, you can either mail your payment or place it through the mail slot.
- We will continue to provide communications to our tenants and partners as the situation changes.
- We’ve reviewed business continuity plans with our staff and external vendors to ensure critical functions continue to be met in the event of staff absences.
- Use our Angus software to report service requests. If you do not yet have access, reach out to your property management team to set this up.
- Building engineering staff hours will be restricted to 6am to 3pm daily until further notice. Our on-site building engineers will be working their normal hours. Emergency work orders will be handled as calls come in; non-emergency work orders will be addressed during early morning hours when occupancy in suites is at a minimum. Alternately, our engineer may also contact to you to set an appointment to visit your suite when occupancy is low to minimize exposure.
- We are staying current with development issues; we strongly urge our tenants to do the same and have a contingency plan in place as well.
Preventing a pandemic is everyone’s job. You can help us prevent the spread of infection by doing the following:
- Develop a business continuity and pandemic plan to prevent the spread of infection in your office and support your business operations in the event of increased absenteeism.
- Provide employees with sanitizing products for their own workspaces or other personal protective equipment. Use hand sanitizer with at least 60-95% alcohol.
- Offer hand sanitizer to your visitors as they check in at your business.
- Wash your hands frequently – especially after touching doorknobs or pushing elevator buttons – and follow proper hand-washing procedures: Using warm water and soap, wash hands for 20 seconds.
- Educate employees and visitors on the importance of proper handwashing or using hand sanitizer.
- Mandate that employees stay home when sick.
- Communicate with your property manager if your pandemic plan depends on us to perform specific functions so we can determine if we can fulfill your requests.
- Notify your property manager immediately if exposure to COVID-19 may have occurred in your suite.
Keeping the lines of communication open
We are monitoring information from the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and the Arizona Department of Health Services for updates and are partnering with our vendor service providers to address the situation as more information is made available. We will continue to be proactive and transparent in our communication to avoid panic, misinformation and ensure your expectations are managed.
We are committed to offering all our available resources to reduce the extent of this pandemic. As such, this cannot be achieved without the support of our tenants and their employees, and we thank you for doing your part in helping to prevent the spread of disease.
If you need more information, we recommend the following resources for the most up to date news and developments related to COVID-19:
Please contact us with questions at (623) 972-4400 or email your property manager directly.