Recognition Further Cements Firm’s Commitment to Senior Living Design and Construction
PEORIA, Arizona (February 2, 2023) — Plaza Companies’ senior living communities continued to earn local and national recognition for excellence in 2022.
Tucson’s Splendido at Rancho Vistoso senior living community received significant local and national recognition in 2022. The property received a number of awards from independent industry sources and media outlets, including the following:
- Pinnacle Award as Top Wellness Senior Living Community in North America (International Council on Active Aging)
- Best Life Plan Community (Arizona Daily Star)
- Best Retirement Community (Explorer Newspaper)
- Best Active Adult Community (Ranking Arizona)
- Best of the Northwest (Explore Newspaper)
- 5-Star Rating (CMS)
- America’s Best Nursing Homes (U.S. News & World Report)
- Gold Award (Mature Media)
Splendido at Rancho Vistoso is a 644,000 square-foot project sitting on 36 acres in Oro Valley, Arizona, a suburb of Tucson highly regarded for its natural beauty and abundant nearby amenities. The community features 270 independent homes — including 42 Skilled Nursing beds, and 48 Assisted Living and Memory Care beds along with 47 new Villa homes on site. Splendido at Rancho Vistoso is a partnership between Plaza Companies and Mather, both experts in creating transformational opportunities in their senior living communities.
Additionally, Plaza’s communities in Scottsdale, Vi at Grayhawk and Vi at Silverstone, also received recognition. Vi at Grayhawk, a Vi and Plaza Companies Community in North Scottsdale, has been named Ranking Arizona’s No. 1 senior living community in the state for the 21st year in a row. Ranking Arizona’s “Best of Arizona Business” Awards 2022 salutes Vi at Grayhawk for its award-winning resident service and lifestyle.
Vi at Silverstone also won several awards this year, including:
- Ranked #1 out of 139 skilled nursing facilities in Arizona (AHCA / NCAL Your Top Line Report)
- Five Star Quality Rated in all categories (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services)
- “Best Senior Living” in Scottsdale (Scottsdale Progress “Best of 2022”)
- AHCA / NCAL Silver Award maintained
- Great Places To Work 2022
- Readers Choice Winner for “Best 55 Plus Community” and “Best Independent living community” (Jewish News)
“We are very proud of the recognition these communities have received and proud of our partnerships in creating exceptional senior living communities,” said Sharon Harper, Chairman and CEO of Plaza Companies. “It has been gratifying to see our projects continue to be recognized for their excellence, and we look forward to continuing that commitment to quality well into the future.”
Plaza Companies currently has about 14 million square feet in its property portfolio, including numerous high-profile projects including SkySong, The ASU Scottsdale Innovation Center, Park Central, and the TGen Building, among others.
Plaza Companies, based in Peoria, Arizona, is an esteemed leader in the developing and managing of medical office and commercial office properties, technology and bioscience facilities, mixed-use properties and senior housing communities. Since its founding in 1982, this full-service, specialized real estate firm has established a proud portfolio stretching across the greater Phoenix area of more than 5.5 million square feet valued at more than $1 billion. For more information about Plaza Companies, visit ThePlazaCo.com.